Mexican kebabs recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
Chicken marinated in lime juice, cumin and fresh coriander, then threaded onto skewers with chunky vegetables. Serve with rice, salsa and warm tortillas.
208 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 1 small courgette, cut into thick slices
- 1 onion, cut into wedges and separated
- 1 red pepper, cut pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:40min
- In a shallow dish, mix together olive oil, cumin, chopped coriander and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken, and mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- Thread chicken, courgette, onion, red pepper and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Brush cooking grate with oil, and arrange skewers on hot grate. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, turning to cook evenly.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(204)
Reviews in English (152)
The general experience was OK, however it lacked a kick, so I ended up with adding quite a volume of sauces at side. Next time I would double cumin and I would add a little bit chilli.-31 Aug 2016
Very tasty, had these with our BBQ and also done under the grill for dinners.-02 Jun 2014
Perfect. Other than adding some fresh, minced garlic to the marinade, I made this exactly as written. Beautiful, delicious, and oozing with simple, fresh, Mexican flavors. Some reviewers thought this was tasteless--not for us and what I chose to serve this with--Mexican Rice III and Best Black Beans, the combination of which made for a meal I'd be proud to serve to anyone!-15 Mar 2008
For the marinade:
- 1 dried hot red chile, stemmed and seeded
- 1 Tbs. grated lime zest
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. chopped canned chipotle in adobo (I like Herdez brand)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the kebabs:
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 to 1-1/4 lb. each), trimmed, halved lengthwise, and sliced into 1-1/2-inch-thick half-rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 fresh poblano chiles, cored, seeded, and cut into 1-inch squares
- 16 medium radishes, trimmed
- 16 scallions, root ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation Time: 15 mins    Cooking Time: 10 mins    Total Time: 25 mins     4 Makes 4 servings
Show me for servings
- Combine the capsicum, baby corn, paneer, mushrooms and onions with the marinade and keep aside for 4 to 5 hours.
- Thread them on individual wooden satay sticks and cook the kebabs over the grill or over a charcoal barbeque till they are evenly browned on all sides (approx.3 to 4 minutes).
- Serve hot.
Chunky Vegetable Dip ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes) Garlic Tomato Chutney ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes) Garlic Tomato Salsa Salsa, Mexican Salsa, Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe Tomato SalsaNutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Also View These Related Recipes
The most Helpful Favorable review
The most Helpful Favorable review
Review this recipe (optional)
You are not signed in. To post a private recipe note requires you to Sign In to your Gold or Silver account
Add your private note to this recipe
No Contest Announced
Quick Healthy Indian Breakfast
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Are you sure you want to delete this review ?
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.
One query. In my family, nobody likes bitter taste and hence asking you the following -- Because of cocoa powder, whether there is a possibility of developing bitter taste or not? Whether we need to add sugar or not? If sugar is required, then how much?Tarla Dalal    Hi, This kebab is a little bitter , we have many other kebab recipes which you can try. below is the link for the same.. https://www.tarladalal.com/RecipeSearch.aspx?rec=1&term=kebab
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cook time, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Food Network Magazine designed dozens of dinners you can make (and serve!) on a stick.
Dill Salmon Kebabs (No. 36), Chicken Nicoise Kebabs (No. 25) and Steakhouse Kebabs (No. 1)
Dill Salmon Kebabs (No. 36), Chicken Nicoise Kebabs (No. 25) and Steakhouse Kebabs (No. 1)
1. Cut the ingredients into similar-size pieces and prepare as the recipe directs. If marinating, refrigerate 1 hour for fish and up to overnight for meat and poultry.
2. Preheat a grill to high. Thread the ingredients onto skewers.
3. Grill the kebabs, turning, until the ingredients are charred and cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 15 minutes.
If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before grilling.
1. Steakhouse: Marinate cubed beef tri-tip in 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon each soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley and thyme add salt and pepper. Skewer with onion, mushroom and boiled potato grill.
2. Korean Beef: Marinate thinly sliced short ribs and scallion pieces in 1/3 cup each sugar and white wine, 3 tablespoons sesame oil, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2 crushed garlic cloves and 1 grated Asian pear. Skewer so the meat lies flat grill.
3. Beef Kefta: Mix 1 pound ground beef, 2 minced shallots, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 cup chopped parsley, 2 teaspoons each cumin, coriander, paprika and dried mint, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Form 1-inch balls skewer and grill.
4. Stuffed Peppers: Make Beef Kefta mix (No. 3), adding 1/2 cup chopped olives. Pack into hollowed baby bell peppers, skewer and brush with olive oil. Grill add salt and baste with lemon juice.
5. Herbed Beef: Marinate cubed beef tri-tip in 1/2 cup olive oil, a smashed garlic clove, a pinch each of salt and red pepper flakes, and torn mixed herbs. Skewer and grill.
6. Beef Satay: Marinate thinly sliced flank steak in 2 tablespoons each lime juice and fish sauce, 1 tablespoon each sugar and hot chili sauce, and 3 tablespoons cilantro. Skewer and grill. Top with peanut sauce and peanuts.
7. Chili Beef: Toss cubed beef tri-tip with 3 tablespoons each brown sugar and chili powder, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon each fresh thyme and pepper marinate. Skewer and grill, basting with a mix of 1/4 cup each cider vinegar and brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon chili powder.
8. Bacon-Beef: Boil bacon strips 5 minutes, then cut into pieces. Skewer cubed beef tri-tip, onion and bell pepper with cherry tomatoes and the bacon season with salt and pepper. Grill, basting with a mix of equal parts barbecue sauce and olive oil.
9. Hungarian Beef: Marinate cubed beef tri-tip in 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 smashed garlic cloves, a pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 2 teaspoons crushed caraway seeds. Skewer with chunks of onion and bell pepper and grill.
10. Buccaneer Pork: Boil 1 cup water, 3 tablespoons each salt and brown sugar, 2 teaspoons pickling spices and 4 garlic cloves. Add 1 cup rum, then cool. Add cubed pork tenderloin and marinate. Skewer with pineapple. Grill, basting with bottled jerk sauce.
11. BBQ Pork: Skewer cubed pork loin and grill, mopping with barbecue sauce.
12. Cajun Pork: Rub cubed pork loin with 3 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning marinate. Skewer and grill, basting with a mix of 1/4 cup each cider vinegar and brown sugar.
13. Curry Pork: Purée 2/3 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon each Thai curry paste and lime juice, 3 tablespoons peanut butter, and salt. Marinate cubed pork loin in half the sauce. Skewer and grill serve with the rest of the sauce.
14. Fennel Pork: Sprinkle cubed pork loin with ground fennel seeds and salt and brush with olive oil. Skewer with bell pepper chunks. Grill, basting with lemon juice.
15. Squash-Pork: Skewer cubed pork loin and parboiled butternut squash season with coriander. Grill, mopping with a mix of 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and chipotle hot sauce and salt to taste.
16. Thai Pork: Mix 1 pound ground pork, 3 tablespoons each chopped mint, cilantro and basil, 1 minced shallot, 1 minced hot chile and 2 tablespoons each fish sauce and lime juice. Form into 2-inch ovals skewer and grill.
17. Sesame Pork: Mix 1 pound ground pork, 2 chopped scallions, 2 teaspoons each soy sauce, grated garlic and grated ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon each sesame oil and salt. Roll 1-inch balls in sesame seeds, then skewer and grill.
18. Rosemary Lamb: Marinate cubed lamb leg in 1/2 cup olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, some fresh rosemary and 3 smashed garlic cloves add salt and pepper. Skewer with zucchini and grill.
19. Classic Lamb: Toss cubed lamb leg with 1 grated onion, 1/3 cup olive oil, and salt and pepper. Skewer with lemon slices, onion and bell pepper grill.
20. Indian Lamb: Marinate cubed lamb leg in 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup each minced onion and cilantro, 2 tablespoons garam masala and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt. Skewer and grill top with chutney.
21. Moroccan Lamb: Mash 3 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon coriander seeds and 1 teaspoon each cumin, paprika and salt into a paste. Mix with 1 stick softened butter and rub onto cubed lamb leg. Skewer and grill.
22. Lamb Dolmades: Make Beef Kefta (No. 3) with ground lamb wrap in grape leaves and skewer. Brush with olive oil and grill.
23. Israeli Lamb: Mix 1 pound ground lamb with 1 cup each minced onion and chopped parsley and 2 teaspoons each paprika, salt and pepper. Form into 2-inch ovals skewer and grill.
24. Meatloaf: Form your favorite meatloaf mix into 2-inch ovals. Skewer and grill, basting with a mix of tomato sauce and olive oil.
25. Chicken Nicoise: Toss cubed chicken breast and pancetta, olives and cherry tomatoes with olive oil, oregano and salt. Skewer and grill.
26. Jerk Chicken: Marinate whole chicken thighs and pineapple chunks in 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 2 teaspoons lime juice. Thread on double skewers grill.
27. Chicken Fajita: Purée 1/2 cup olive oil, a handful of cilantro, 2 seeded jalapenos, 2 garlic cloves and salt add cubed chicken breast and marinate. Skewer with onion and poblano pieces. Grill, basting with lime juice.
28. Chicken Liver: Soak chicken livers in milk 1 hour drain and pat dry. Skewer with bacon chunks and peeled cipollini onions. Season with salt and pepper grill.
29. Chicken Sausage: Toss quartered peaches with vegetable oil, fresh thyme and salt. Skewer with cooked chicken sausage grill.
30. Smoky Chicken: Toss cubed chicken breast with barbecue sauce, salt and minced chipotles in adobo sauce. Skewer and grill.
31. Chicken Caesar: Mix 1 pound ground chicken, 2 tablespoons Caesar dressing, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Form into ovals, skewer and grill. Serve on romaine leaves with bread and more dressing.
32. Curry Chicken: Mix 2/3 cup coconut milk, 3 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 tablespoon each Thai curry paste and lime juice, and salt. Marinate cubed chicken thighs in half the sauce. Skewer with bell pepper chunks. Grill, basting with the remaining sauce.
33. Chicken Tikka: Marinate cubed chicken thighs in 1 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons garam masala, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 1 1/2 teaspoons each grated garlic and ginger, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and salt and cayenne. Skewer and grill. Serve with yogurt mixed with lime juice.
34. Chicken Teriyaki: Marinate cubed chicken thighs in 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Skewer and grill.
35. Turkey Meatball: Heat 1/3 cup cranberry sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons each barbecue sauce and water, 2 teaspoons cider vinegar, and salt. Mix 1 pound ground turkey, 1/4 pound ground bacon, and salt. Form into balls, skewer and grill, brushing with the sauce.
36. Dill Salmon: Marinate cubed wild salmon in olive oil and chopped dill. Skewer and grill.
37. Hoisin Salmon: Marinate cubed wild salmon in 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce and 1 tablespoon each soy sauce, rice wine, honey and olive oil. Skewer with scallion pieces and grill.
38. Greek Shrimp: Marinate large shrimp in olive oil and chopped marjoram, dill and garlic. Skewer with grape tomatoes and lemon slices. Grill, then top with feta.
39. Sesame Shrimp: Toss shrimp with 1 1/2 tablespoons each olive oil and water, 2 teaspoons each rice vinegar, toasted sesame seeds and soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Skewer and grill.
40. Chorizo-Shrimp: Marinate large shrimp and sliced chorizo in 1/4 cup each olive oil and minced roasted red pepper, 1 tablespoon cognac and some minced parsley and garlic. Wrap the shrimp around the chorizo, skewer and grill.
41. Chipotle Shrimp: Mix 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, the juice of 1/2 orange, 3 tablespoons minced chipotles in adobo sauce and salt. Reserve a quarter of the mixture marinate shrimp in the rest. Skewer and grill, basting with the reserved mixture.
Mexican Pork Kebabs
2 pork tenderloins (approx. 1- 1 1/4 lbs. each), trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1 1/2 inch thick rounds
for the marinade:
1 Tbsp. grated lime zest
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. dried Mexican oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. canned chipotle in adobo, chopped
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup canola oil
for the kebabs:
2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
1 red onion, chopped
or scallions, radishes, poblanos, etc.
warmed flour or corn tortillas
sliced avocado or guacamole
fresh salsa or pico de gallo
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour over the pork and marinate in the refrigerator 1-2 hours (I suspect you could go longer).
2. Preheat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat. Discard marinade and thread pork and vegetables onto skewers. (If you are using wooden skewers, remember to soak them in water first.)
3. Grill until the pork is firm to the touch and the edges have begun to brown and the vegetables have begun to brown and soften. Serve with tortillas, avocado, salsa, and cilantro (all optional).
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, oil, ginger, salt, smoked paprika, hot paprika, garlic, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in marinade and seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 4 to 8 hours.
Thread chicken tightly onto skewers.
Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over entire surface of coal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Grill skewers until well browned on all sides and center of chicken registers between 160-165°F on an instant read thermometer, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer skewers to platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Easy Grilled Radish Kebabs: This Delicious Grilled Garlic-Butter Radish Kebabs Recipe Makes You Want to Eat Your Vegetables by 30Seconds Food
Vegetables can get kind of boring, so it's good to change things up every once in a while. Instead of your usual basic green beans, corn or carrots recipes, try this easy grilled garlic-butter radish recipe. It's so delicious, you (and even those picky eaters) will actually want to eat your vegetables.
Prep Time: 10 to 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 55 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped fresh parsley
Here’s how to make them:
- Microwave the radishes in water, covered with plastic wrap, for 5 minutes or until tender enough to skewer.
- Skewer the radishes on metal skewers or wooden skewers (soak in water for 30 minutes if using wood).
- In a microwave-safe bowl or in a skillet over low heat, melt the butter and add the parsley and garlic. Cook about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the radishes with the garlic butter.
- Grill the radishes on a preheated grill pan, indoor grill or outdoor grill about 2-3 minutes per side, brushing with more garlic butter as they cook. Season with additional black pepper and salt, if desired. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Ingredients of Chicken Shammi Kebab
- 500 gm chicken boneless
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon carom seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 peppercorns
- water as required
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 clove
- salt as required
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
How to make Chicken Shammi Kebab
Step 1 Wash the dal
Wash the chana dal properly and soak it in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes rinse it again, strain and collect in a bowl.
Step 2 Saute the spices
Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a cooker, add cumin seeds, carom seeds, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, clove, black peppercorns and let them crackle for 1-2 minutes. Add chana dal and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Step 3 Add chicken
Add boneless chicken, salt and red chilli powder. Mix well and add 1 cup of water.
Step 4 Pressure cook
Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Let the pressure come down on its own. Now remove the lid and if there is any excess water in it, cook open-lid for another 5 minutes.
Step 5 Dough for kebabs
Now grind everything together to make a thick paste and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Now add chopped coriander leaves, onions, garlic paste, ginger paste to it. Mix well to prepare a dough.
Step 6 Make small kebabs
Now grease your hands with some oil and make small balls using the dough. Flatten them a bit to make kebabs.
Step 7 Cook the kebabs
Pour 2 tbsp ghee on a tawa and place your kebabs on it. Cook from both sides until golden brown in colour.
Step 8 Ready to be served
Your delish chicken kebabs are now ready to be served. Enjoy them hot with chutney and salad.
Grilled Oyster Mushroom Kebabs With Parsley-Spinach Puree
Grilling oyster mushrooms over medium heat renders them juicy and smoky, as the water drips from them onto the coals to create the smoke that flavors them. These are served over a bright green, herbaceous puree of parsley, spinach and yogurt. (The original recipe called for the herb lovage instead of spinach feel free to use it if you can find it.)
Total time: 35 mins (plus time to prepare the grill)
Storage Notes: The mushrooms are best eaten freshly made, but they can be refrigerated for up to 1 week. The puree can also be refrigerated for up to 1 week freezing is not recommended.
When you scale a recipe, keep in mind that cooking times and temperatures, pan sizes and seasonings may be affected, so adjust accordingly. Also, amounts listed in the directions will not reflect the changes made to ingredient amounts.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and fill a large bowl with ice water. Blanch the parsley in the boiling water for 2 minutes, then add the spinach and blanch both together for another 2 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the greens to the ice water and leave until they are cool enough to handle. Drain the greens in a colander or fine-mesh strainer, removing any ice. Using your hands, form the greens into a ball and squeeze out as much water as possible. Transfer the ball to a kitchen towel, and wring it out until the greens are almost completely dry.
Transfer the greens to a blender and add the yogurt, turmeric, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the cardamom and puree until smooth. (Add water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, if needed, to help the mixture blend.)
If using a charcoal grill, fill a chimney starter with charcoal, light it, and when the coals are red hot, dump them into your grill. Add more charcoal. When all the coals have ashed over and are gray but are still very hot, about 15 minutes, your grill should be medium hot. (Use a grill thermometer or to test the heat by holding your hand, palm-down about 5 inches from the grill. If you can hold it there for 4 to 5 seconds, the heat should be medium heat, or 350 to 450 degrees. (Alternatively, you can cook these on a gas grill or on a stove-top grill pan.)
Slice the mushrooms off their cluster, leaving a very small amount of stem intact. Using four metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread the mushrooms through the stems, gill-side down, alternating the tops of the mushrooms from left to right so they cook evenly. You should end up with four full skewers.
Brush the mushrooms with a generous amount of oil to coat, making sure to oil the gills. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the sumac.
Grill the mushrooms for 2 minutes, then flip the skewers and continue to grill, flipping every 2 minutes, until the edges start to curl and brown, the mushrooms have shrunk significantly, and the stems are soft to the touch, about 8 minutes total.
Spread the puree evenly on a platter. Lightly dust the puree with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sumac, place the mushroom skewers on top (or remove the mushrooms from the skewers, if desired, and place over the puree), and serve warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from "Bavel" by Ori Menashe and Genevieve Gergis (Ten Speed Press, 2021).