Grilled Lasagna Turkey Burger
cup loose parsley leaves
tablespoon Italian seasoning
pinch of salt and pepper
can (11 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated French bread
curly lasagna noodles (may need to be trimmed to fit buns)
cup Muir Glen™ organic tomato sauce
3-6 slices mozzarella cheese
In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Using your hands, form meat into two elongated burger loaves. If you have the time, let sit on a covered plate in the refrigerator for two hours to allow flavors to mingle.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the French bread from the tube and cut it in half, crosswise. Place the two halves on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until the bread is baked all the way through. Cool slightly and slice in half lengthwise.
In the meantime, boil the lasagna noodles until tender and transfer to a plate to rest.
On a grill (or in a skillet with a teaspoon of oil), sear the burgers all over until browned and cooked through. Place the cheese on top of the burgers and cover to melt the cheese.
Heat the Muir Glen sauce in a small saucepan until heated through.
Place one lasagna noodle on the bottom half of the bread, followed by the cheesy burgers. Spoon the marinara over the cheesy burgers and place another lasagna noodle on top. Garnish with lettuce greens and cover with the top half of the bread. Serve immediately.
- After adding the cheese, you can broil to speed up the melting process on the burger.
- Have a cup of marinara on the side to dip the burger in.
More About This Recipe
- Italian food plus cheesy burgers plus French bread. Amen.This is definitely going to freak you out. In a happy-happy-joy-joy way. A giddy pants way. A write-home-about-it way.It's an Italian-style seasoned turkey burger, all grilled or seared or whatever you want to do, smothered in mozzarella cheese, and then smothered again in tomato sauce. IN BETWEEN TWO LASAGNA NOODLES. The curly kind. The old-school kind. And then get this; it's all sandwiched between some straight-from-the-oven baked French bread. Am I kidding? No, I'm not.I didn't come up with this genius creation, sad to say. But when my eyes fell upon Nick's version on Dude Foods, I went into a happy coma.What you'll do is bake that bread, sear the meat, melt the cheese on it, heat some Muir Glen tomato sauce and put it all together! Layer layer layer. A freaking lasagna burger. I mean what.My work here is done.
Healthy Grilled Turkey Burgers
Memorial Day is approaching, which means grilling season has begun! Growing up my family always had a BBQ on Sunday nights, which consisted mostly of easy things to throw on the grill like hot dogs, brats and burgers. Since learning more about nutrition throughout my college years, those brats and hot dogs are slowly migrating towards more turkey & veggie burgers. Store bought turkey burgers are great, but some can be pricey or contain a lot of additives and preservatives. Cue this easy healthy grilled turkey burger recipe.
The main reason I wanted to create a healthy turkey burger recipe is for convenience. We got a grill for our wedding last summer and use it all the time in the summer. I wanted to have a go-to that is easy to prepare with items in my pantry and obviously ground turkey. Easy, simple, done. Now you have some extra time to whip up a greek salad or panzanella salad as a side dish. You've got yourself a turkey burger meal! Bon appetit!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup prepared pesto
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
Combine turkey, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Divide into 4 equal portions and form into hamburger patties.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill patties for about 4 minutes per side. Place provolone slices on the patties continue to cook until cheese melts. Place ciabatta rolls on the grill and cook until browned to your liking, 2 to 3 minutes.
Mix mayonnaise and pesto in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Spread onto the rolls. Place the turkey patties on the rolls and top with sliced red onion and lettuce.
Grilled Barbecue Turkey Burger Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup Vidalia onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce (or your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
In a bowl, combine the ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, chopped onion, bbq sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, white pepper and sea salt.
Mix the ingredients together well so that the spices are evenly distributed.
Form the meat mixture into burger patties.
Grill the burgers, flipping half way through until thoroughly cooked 165 degree temperature with a meat thermometer.
Top it Off: I personally love to top these burgers with fresh sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion and fresh slices of avocado with a drizzle of extra barbecue sauce. No cheese for these! My favorite tomato for this particular combination is a yellow or orange.
The Bun: Our favorite way to serve these flavorful burgers is on a FlatOut® Fold-it®. It’s equally delicious on a lettuce bun or your favorite regular style burger roll.
Side Dishes: This burger is deliciously served with all of your favorite salads and summer veggies like corn on the cob.
Freeze Ahead Tip: Make the mixture and shape into the burger patties. Place the uncooked burgers on to a baking sheet covered with parchment or waxed paper and pop them in the freezer for about an hour. Wrap each burger individually and place them in a freezer bag or other freezer container. Thaw the day you want to use them, grill and serve!
Another Turkey Burger to Love: Looking for a whole new Turkey Burger Recipe with delicious flavor? Check out my Italian Turkey Burger Recipe. It’s equally scrumptious with a whole different combination of ingredients to love.
How to Grill the Best Juicy Burgers
Keyword grilling burgers, how long to grill burgers, how to grill burgers
- 1 pound 80/20 ground chuck beef or 4 pre-made patties
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Homemade Burger Rub (See notes for substitution)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or sweetener
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika Regular paprika is fine if you wish.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Optional
- I use the pre-made burgers from Butcher Box, the meat is 100% grass-finished and grass-fed.
- Make sure your grill grates are clean prior to grilling. Leftover residue will lead to sticking.
- If you don&rsquot want to make a Homemade Burger Rub, feel free to use 2 tablespoons of your favorite rub.
- Liquid smoke is added for additional grilled flavor. Omit if you wish. There is no substitute.
- I also like to add a little oil to the burgers. This just provides another precaution, to prevent sticking. The oil also helps with getting those perfect grill marks on the patty.
- Prior to shaping the patties (if not using pre-made), Take a look at your buns and shape the patties so that they are larger than the actual bun you will be using.
- According to theUSDA, hamburgers should be cooked to a safe minimum internal temperature to destroy harmful bacteria that may be present. Use a food thermometer to be sure they have reached a safe minimum internal temperature of 160 °F. If you&rsquore cooking turkey burgers, they should be cooked to 165 °F.
Recipe Tools Used in this Recipe As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)
Do you struggle with staying consistent at meal prepping? If you get tired of your Meal Prep Meals by Day 2 our Big Boss Meal Prep Guide is for you!
Need help planning keto friendly meals? Grab your 21 Day Keto Meal Plan here.!
Need Keto Recipes for the Summer? Access our 21 Day Summer Meal Plan here!
Looking for new ways to use your air fryer? Snag your 14 Day Air Fryer Meal Plan here!
Tried this recipe? Mention @Stay_Snatched or tag #StaySnatched! The recipe instructions noted here are the property of Stay Snatched and subject to copyright. Please do not screenshot and share this recipe on social.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Check out our YouTube Channel!
Join our Air Fryer and Instant Pot Facebook Group Click here to join our Facebook Group!
Join our Keto Recipes Facebook Group Click here to join our Facebook Group!